(...doo-doo-doo-doo, here comes the sun, I say, it's alllll right...")
Things are good. The sun is out. Oliver is much, much better after a long week of a bad, bad cold.
Before he got sick, his daycare cohorts learned all about Groundhog Day. When I picked Oliver up on that infamous day in early February, one of his 3-year-old friends held up a crayoned-picture of that furry animal.
"What's that a picture of?" our daycare provider asked her.
"A hot dog!" She said proudly in her little chipmunky voice.
"No, it's a groundhog."
"Yeah, a hot dog!"
All of us Minnesotans know that a Groundhog predicts the length of winter just about as good as a hot dog can. Winter is just simply treacherously long, every year. But today, the sun and 45 degrees caused me to roll my car windows down. Too soon? Maybe. But I'm taking every degree of warmth and health and soaking it up. We all are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


THIS is a photo for the rehearsal dinner!
ReplyDeleteSo glad he's doing better! Yay!!! :) Love, Noolia
ReplyDelete