This inspired me to be a little more compliant with wearing my back brace. So when I returned to my car, I strapped it on in 52 easy steps, then headed to Sam's Club to pound the retail pavement.
Oh wait, I had to pee. Right.
I attempted to remove the brace in all of its Velcro wonder smoothly in the bathroom stall...but a piece fell on the floor- yes, the Sam's Club bathroom floor- and the rest took quite a bit of yanking and tugging to remove. There was someone else in the bathroom. I wondered if she thought I was removing a nine-foot maxi pad from behind the closed stall door. I debated waiting to exit until she did, so she wouldn't see me (and really, haven't we all done that?), but the automatic toilet kept flushing precariously nearby.
After Sam's Club, I wasn't wincing in pain just yet so I decided to finally haul my butt to Lifetime for a lil' swim. I give myself extra props today for going during daylight hours, when the uber-fit people make their second home in the facility. My normal suit, well, doesn't look normal anymore, so I was looking forward to wearing a cute, new, pink flowery maternity suit. I'll attach a picture of me wearing it at the bottom of this post. Oh wait, no I won't. STOP SCROLLING!
Anyway, I haven't gotten to Lifetime in weeks, and so, being significantly bigger this time, I planned out routes to and from the shower as well as how to
I carefully waddled across the pool deck, looking up and trying to avoid, well, people, in expectation of stares. I glided into the pool. Scratch that. I plunked into the pool. Everything is lighter in the water....this is what I relished a couple of months ago as I swam up and down the length of the pool. How nice to feel almost normal. But today, today I was keenly aware of a much greater displacement of pool water once I heaved myself in. There was a lady walking with water weights in the lane next to me, and I wonder if my wake threw her off just a little.
So I swam, in all of my pinkness, and although I felt like an Orca, I did pretty darn good. After a half hour, I exited the pool (details omitted), and walked across the pool deck with my wet head held a little higher. Oh yeah baby, I still got it.
After my strategically modest shower-and-dressing routine (I got dressed in my little shower area), I was towel-drying my hair when a fit, perky lady that I'm sure I wouldn't like said, "so did you spoil yourself with a sauna today?"
"Um, I'm sorry, what?" I asked.
"Did you spoil yourself with a sauna today?" She repeated. "That's always my reward for working out."
"Oh, um, no," I said.
"Why NOT?" she protested, as if to convince me that I should go back and do it.
"Maybe because I'm eight months pregnant and I don't want to cook the baby," I answered. No wait, I didn't say that, but maybe I did in my head. I totally did in my head.
I just smiled, then gave merit to her idea of treating myself after a workout. I walked over to a hair dryer....and used it. It's been a good day.

No comments:
Post a Comment