Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Everyday Charlie

Introducing little Charlie Griffith.






When we more or less landed on Charlie for the name, something a little odd happened.  I began to hear the name "Charlie" every day in some shape or form.  Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was on TV.  The next night, A Charlie Brown Christmas came on.  I met two patients named Charlie.  One night I had a severe charlie horse.  The next day I watched Julie and Julia, which mentioned Julia Child's brother in law, Charlie Child.  It went on and on, all spelling out the same message: we would be naming our second son Charlie.

Our families didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, and of course didn't know the name either.  Before we left for the C-section operating room, we brought them 3 wooden letters: "A", "L", and "I", in the family waiting room.  We didn't tell them the length of the name, and still no gender.  From "Ali" to "Daniel," the guesses circled around until Michael walked out with Charlie Griffith.  Charlie was Michael's great-grandfather's name, and Griffith was my grandfather's.  Beloved names for another beloved Childe child. 

Welcome home, Charlie; our joy has been brought to a whole new level, every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment