Monday, March 11, 2013

Just Like Daddy

On Saturday night, Michael headed downstairs to shave.  When Michael shaves, this includes his face as well as his head.  Can't complain, it saves on haircuts.  "Come on, Oliver, come watch Daddy shave," he said.  Oliver loves participating, and is usually given a bladeless razor to shave alongside him, to be just like Daddy.  He ran after Michael.

15 minutes later, Oliver walked up from the basement, babbling on about being "like Daddy."

"Yep, you got to shave, just like Da-"

My sentence was stopped by the sight that was in front of me.

This is what Oliver looked like 15 minutes before:




And this is what was standing in front of me:





I am going to avoid filling in the details between the lines because I know you can read them just fine.

"Um, Daddy," I said with a set jaw, "You should really have asked Mommy before you did that."

"I didn't ask you because I knew you'd say no," he chirped.  "You know, it's a bonding thing.  It's just hair.  It'll grow back."

Speaking of bonds...

this picture makes it looks like Oliver's in jail.




                         ...just like Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. Hahaha.

    A. gave Bella "a little trim" last year and unevenly cut off something like 10 inches. He is actually quite decent with hair, but given the variables of her being so little and also having my epic amount of hair it threw off his game. I would haven't cared SO much except she had a recital just a couple weeks later and I was left trying to wrangle her bob into a bun. This year he isn't allowed to touch it until post recital. Also: he isn't allowed to ever shave Oliver's (my Oliver!) head again after doing that at 4 mos old.

    However, your Oliver looks pretty darn pleased. Sigh. As long as they are happy, right? :)

    ReplyDelete