Tuesday, November 3, 2009

All Boy

Sometime between 4 and 9 months ago, when I shared with people that I was having a boy, I got some tips from other mothers of boys. Boys love to cuddle. Boys are sweet. And then, inevitably: boys are boys, right from the start. They play rough. Put a doll and a truck in front of a naive two-year-old and he will take the truck every time. Take it, and crash it with another truck. Before wrestling with their siblings.

Ladies and gentelmen, I have just witnessed the first evidence of this last night. Getting a bath ready before bed, I walked past Oliver, who was wearing only a diaper and lying on the living room floor waiting patiently for me to begin the night routine. And there he was, in all of his male glory, watching Monday night football. Minimal clothing. Gut hanging out. And staring with such intensity as the New Orleans Saints beat the Atlanta Falcons. Daddy was so proud.




And so it begins.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! How does it feel to be outnumbered in your family by boys? We really miss you and we're so glad you are doing so well! Hi to Michael and Oliver!
    Emily :)

    ReplyDelete