When I was preggo, and maybe even beforehand, Michael and I started a Saturday morning tradition. Michael would drive to the Kwik Trip down the road and bring back doughnuts and chocolate milk, and we'd spend a sugary Saturday morning in bed. As the treats and the baby made me grow bigger, the Saturdays approaching Ollie's due date made us ponder. "Just think," I would say, an empty bassinet in the corner of the room. "A baby, our baby, will be in there any day now." And we'd talk about how we hope that these Saturdays (though they would inevitably begin earlier) would continue. Some things, we understood, would change. But we wanted the sweetness of a lazy Saturday morning to remain untouched.





Saturdays, as it turns out, have only gotten sweeter.
The first Saturday spent at home found Michael bringing me breakfast in bed, and I'm thrilled to say that this has happened several times since. Most of the time we don't get ourselves to Kwik Trip. But pacakes or eggs will more than suffice, and Michael has started something new: adding a secret ingredient into the pancakes, and I have to guess what it is. Here's a snapshot of this Saturday:





Saturdays, as it turns out, have only gotten sweeter.
PS- This week's secret ingredient was marshmallows.

No comments:
Post a Comment