On Thursday, Oliver went to his first Christmas party. It was my holiday work party, and as anticipated, Ollie was passed from person to person more than the rum-infused eggnog. One of the nurses I work with was wearing earrings. They were small, but they dangled.
"Careful," Michael said as she held Oliver. "He'll go after your earrings."
"Oh yes, I'm careful," she said. Then, "wait! Oh my gosh! How did he do that?"
Susan had run her fingers over hear earlobes then opened Oliver's tiny little hands. There was an earring. It took the kid less than 2 seconds to swipe it out off of Susan's ear, unnoticed.
We began to wonder if Ollie had a future as a pickpocket. I mean, really, the kid's got talent. I guess that's what we get for giving him a name that he shares with a poor Orphan just trying to get by.

i was there and i witnessed a stealth pick pocket in action- i think he was trained by the best- he was so fast at such a young age- it should make you both proud- liz stehly rn- ps- an inventory of all our possessions will be done prior to any visit from mr oliver in the future
ReplyDelete