Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day

Here is a picture of our precocious child.

And, being that he is precocious, he decided to take another picture of himself, and frame it.




Now normally, you wouldn't hand a 7-month-old a craft scissors or a paint brush. But this is Oliver we're talking about, and he's a genius. While he was at it, he decided to make us a Valentine's mailbox.

And bake us some cookies with homemade frosting.

Genius.

It's Valentine's Day. It also happens to be my birthday. My parents catered dinner to our house, and as I looked at the lit candle dripping wax into my birthday ice cream, I looked around. I looked around at my family: my parents, my Grandma, my husband, and my littlest Valentine, who was blowing raspberries through the remnants of a rice-cereal-and-green-bean-puree lunch. What would I possibly wish for? This birthday, I have everything I could ever want.

No comments:

Post a Comment