Where was I? Oh yes, Oliver was sick.
He got better, for about a day and a half before his raging diarrhea set-in. People, we're talking raging. I will stop there (you're welcome). I was sure it was the antibiotic. Right? That made sense until the other kids in daycare had their share of, well, you know. I called the nurse line at our pediatrician's office (reminding you that yes, I am a pediatric nurse, but I don't really know much about kids who are healthy at baseline, and I am lost when it comes to my own beh-beh). The nurse said it was pretty unlikely that it was the Ammoxicillin. "I wonder if he has a virus?" she said, then asked if anyone else around him was sick.
Sigh. Thankfully, it ran its course, no pun intended, fairly quickly. Then Michael got sick with some yucko sinus infection/respiratory junk and was bedridden for two days. He's better, which is great news. But Oliver has a bad cough now, which we pray doesn't worsen into his pattern of wheezing and becoming really ill. Especially because I am home-bound myself with the flu.
Will it ever end?
I can't remember the last time I had such horrible body aches. I couldn't get myself to drink more than one glass of water in the past 24 hours, graduated to toast only by 10pm, and could hardly get myself out of bed. Which can make a person become pretty weak, and sometimes dizzy.
Speaking of dizzy.....(warning: turn your volume down, Oliver's ridiculous Mommy lets out a shout loud enough to crack your windows- )
And round and round we go with just about every infection out there...it won't keep us from dancing, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I miss him!
ReplyDelete