This blog entry promises to be short because I'm too tired to make much of an effort to relocate the shift, quote, and @ signs on this British keyboard.
After a day of serious pavement-pounding, our feet hurt, our shins hurt, and our knees, oh my, our knees hurt. I was diagnosed with arthritis in my knees a few years ago, and Michael did something crazy nasty to his knees on a hike in Montana last August. Which is unfortunate, because London is the land of a thousand steps. Seriously, you walk up and down on average 20-40 stairs each time you enter or exit the tube (subway) system. There are steps up to every store front. And this evening, at the theater, to get the the bathroom- sorry, the loo- I went down three steps, up another two, down fifteen, and up another four until I was faced with another three step-ups into the actual bathroom. Loo.
Our aching.... everything makes us feel as if we are aging quickly. Old, even. I'm pretty sure we aged 20 years today judging by my inability to move in a standing position. We're going to be really fun parents for Oliver when we go home. "No, buddy, I can only help you with that toy if you bring it to Mommy on the couch. Bring it here, honey, bring it to Mommy...a little closer...a little closer..."
And now, just because I have muddled through 3 paragraphs with carefully finding the appropriate symbols:
\\\\\\3333\3'''45\#,/.
(so there).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm SO loving your postings on your trip. Thank you!
ReplyDelete