Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bieber Fever

Oliver is starting to participate in the musical stylings of our family.  Now, instead of just insisting, "Mommy, A.B.'s," he will still insist that I sing the ABCs but then join in himself.  Then:  "Daddy, A.B.'s!"  Michael starts to sing, then Ollie points to me- "Mommy A.B. too," before singing them himself.  At times, he will tell me to stop - "No Mommy, Ollie A.B.s," so he can have the spotlight to himself.  His solos are more or less accurate:







We have a new CD full of children's songs, which Oliver loves.  He actually laughs at each song and has picked up on some of the words to most of them.  I hit play for Michael in the car the other day on a family road adventure (to Dairy Queen.)  "Oliver, what the heck is this?" Michael asked as he hit the forward button to the next track, then the next, then the next.  I gently reminded Michael that toddler music isn't intended for parents to keep in their top 10.  It's intended for their children.

But what I discovered today was something that bordered shocking, hilarious, and disturbing all at once.  Something that rivals that toddler CD.

"Oliver, find your microphone and sing your baby song," our daycare provider told him today.  He picked up a blue plastic mic, and instead of singing something sweet like Baby Mine or Rockabye Baby,  he launched into Justin Bieber's Baby, Baby.  He had a fancy shoulder move, crazy jumps and spins, and other complicated choreography.  Here's a taste of it, as performed in the car, without the accompaniment and dance moves.  (Warning- If you don't know the song, just go with it, and whatever you do: don't look it up.  You'll thank me later.)





Looks like someone has Bieber Fever.   A-B's, I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. He's starting to hit the pitches in AB!! I'm so proud. Is the new cd the one we got on Saturday at MacPhail?

    YLC/OLGC

    ReplyDelete