"So I know that July 3rd is your birthday and not mine, but..."
I was on the phone with Michael, gently dropping the idea of seeing Jason Mraz perform at the new Mystic Lake ampitheater. Here's the thing: I have followed Jason Mraz since he was a fledgeling coffee shop crooner. (He's the guy that sings "The Remedy," "I'm Yours," and that sweet duet with Colbie Callait: lucky I'm in love with my best friend, lucky to have been where we have been.... I love love love love him. It had been 8 years since I had seen him in concert at the Fine Line, and he was coming back. How would I convince my husband that going to his concert would be a great way to spend his birthday?
I got lucky, I guess.
We had great seats, and had an unbelievable time. Mr. Mraz was in fine form, singing and jazz-scatting as he was born to do.
And here's something cool. We heard some commotion in the row behind us during a particularly sweet song, and turned around to find a guy proposing to his girl. Applause and cheers started in around us and spread for rows, rows, and rows. He brought out the ring as the girl sobbed and said yes. More cheers, more applause. Everyone was glowing. It was pretty profound to be a part of someone's Moment. We all teared up, and I looked at Michael, holding his hand. How lucky I am to have a lifetime of those moments ahead of me.
Happy birthday, baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment