Sunday, December 18, 2011

For When We Have Two



I had grand plans this morning to get up early, take a shower, get ready for church, and head to the local gas station for a Sunday paper and cinnamon rolls, all before my family woke up for the day.

"Mommmmmyyyyyy," Oliver called as soon as I stepped out of the shower.

Sigh.  There goes the dream.

"Mommmmyyyyy," Oliver called again. 

"Just a second, Ollie," I called through the bathroom wall, which borders Ollie's room.

"Huh?" he called.  Then, "Mommmmmmmyyyy!"

"I need you to be patient, Oliver, Mommy needs to get her clothes on first."

"Sure," he answered.  Then, "Mommmmy!  Mommmmmmmmy!  Mom! Mom!......Mom!"

"Oliver, be patient please!"

"Sure."

10 seconds later, he called out:  "Ollie tooted!"

"Good job buddy," I said.

"Yeah."

I plugged in my hairdryer and it wouldn't turn on.  We've been having electrical outlet issues.  I pressed the reset button.  Still not working. 

"Mommmmmy."

I woke Michael up and apologized that I needed to use my hairdryer in the bedroom because it wasn't working in the bathroom again.

"Press the button," Michael said.

"I did, and-"

"Mommmmy.  Mom.  Mom.  Mommy."

"-and it still doesn't work."

Michael mumbled that I had to press the button, the one in the-

"Mommy."

"Michael, I did press the button, it didn't work, I need to use this outlet-"

"Mommmmy!"

"Just press the button!"

"Mom!"

At this point in time I let out a pathetic little wailing plea that please, everyone just needs to stop yelling at me for once.  Just after my tantrum, I recognized this as a potential conditioning exercise for when we have two. 

I have a long way to go in one week.

1 comment:

  1. I would submit that it is not the mom who needs to learn new skills, but those who are about to receive a smaller share of her attention. Just saying. YLC

    ReplyDelete