Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Reaching for the Stars
Thanks to winter in Minnesota, it now appears to be 10pm when I pick Oliver up from daycare. He pointed to an exceptionally bright star the other day as we walked to the car.
"What's that?"
"That's a star, Ollie."
"Star?"
"Yes, a star."
"Get it."
I tried my best to explain why I couldn't get it for him, as much as I'd love to.
"What's that?"
"That's the moon."
"Yeah! The moon! Get it."
I tried telling him that they have to stay in the sky so that we can see where we're going.
"Get it."
I tried telling him that God put them there so that we can always count on seeing them, every day.
"GET IT!!"
I tried telling him that the sky is where the starts and moon live.
"Geeeeettttttt iiiiitttttt!!!! Get the moon!" he wailed.
And do I need to even write the obvious, that if I could give him the moon and the stars, oh how I would.
Luckily for me, Michael decided that night that we would be putting the lights on our tree. And so Ollie got his star.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment