
Somebody is feeding this kid sticks of butter. Michael and I have recently noticed that Oliver's little feet are now nearly hanging off the bassinet of the Pack 'n Play. It is now time to start the transition to his crib.
We initially planned to have him in our room for ease of feedings as I had planned to breastfeed. When we ended up bottle-feeding (a story for another blog, another day), we kept him in the room anyway, which was kind of ridiculous as we were stepping out to feed Ollie in his nursery to keep the other parent sleeping. But there's just something sweet and comforting about the togetherness of rooming-in.
So Michael put the batteries in the baby monitors and successfully put Ollie to sleep in his crib after a 5 am feeding one morning. Last night, I suggested that we could try the whole night in the crib.
"Yeah," he said, "or we could just leave him in the bassinet."
"Okay," I said with relief.
Today, I had Ollie his his crib when I was putting away the laundry. Per his usual, he talked to his mobile and squealed at the mirror. And then fussed between cranks of the mobile motor. At one point, I realized that the 94 seconds had passed, and I heard no fussing. I walked in, and miracle of miracles, the kid was asleep. Might I remind you, he was in his crib.
Smiling, I took the baby monitor downstairs to begin a new chapter: crib sleeping. I made myself lunch. With two hands. And then 2 minutes later heard Oliver wailing, in surround-sound.
I walked upstairs to rescue my confused little baby, and proceeded to balance my plate in one hand and keep a nuk in Oliver's mouth with the other. We'll get there.

No comments:
Post a Comment