Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fishy, Fishy

This week, I was determined to get ourselves to the zoo, this time on our own. On Tuesday, the whole day's routine was geared towards getting out the door by 1:30 for our visit. And we did it. I pulled into the parking lot and hunted like the puma on the Minnesota Trail for a good parking spot. A good parking spot where I would pull in, open the trunk and pull out... the stroller, which I had forgotten at home. Darn it all. Fellow zoo-goers, yes, I know you can rent a stroller. But I decided instead to use the $5 I would have used in a rental fee for gas to back home for our own stroller covered in our own germs.

Our other goal in getting to the zoo was to do so when Ollie was awake, to see how he'd like the shadows and shapes of the fish tanks. He woke up with an enormous appetite, and we dined on formula by the dolphins. It sure beat the couch at home.
We then headed towards the sunny tropics trail,






where we discovered that the fish tank of the Tropics Trail was even more exciting than the sharks and the dolphins of Discovery Bay:





It was a great day, and by the end we were pretty tuckered out.


Maybe tomorrow we'll buy a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment