Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Better than a Hallmark Greeting



Growing up, I was known for my homemade greeting cards.  Not those nice, fancy-shmancy, clean-bordered cards.  I made pop-up cards, cards in the shape of shoes with real laces, cards made with clippings from magazines.  My family always said I should work for Hallmark.

I think I should work for Hallmark, too; or any greeting card company for that matter.  Because more than half of the cards displayed make me want to roll my eyes right out of my head.  Cheesey beyond cheesey.  Take Father's Day cards, for example.  You have your pick of themes: ties, beer, grilling, and mowing the lawn.  Right.  Like that sounds like our family.









Okay, well...for the first time in four-and-a-half years of marriage, we bought a grill.  And a lawn mower, a cool one.  So this year, we will be cheesey.  Especially after I buy Michael a tie for his birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment