Thursday, June 30, 2011

Outside the Box

So Michael is loving the grill he bought for Father's Day.  We've put it to really good use so far, but not nearly as much as the box it came in. Today, Oliver invited me into his cardboard home.  "Oh, honey, um, I'm not really sure that Mommy will fit...."

I fit. I may not be able to button my jeans any more, but I fit in an appliance box, which is a little boost to my self esteem.  I can even sit upright in the thing and still have head clearance.  I guess I need to be reminded once in a while that I'm, uh, not tall.  What was I saying about boosting my self-esteem again?

Oliver's birthday is on Saturday, and we're having a wee family birthday party.  I'm sure there will be a gift or two, and as everyone knows, the packaging will be just as fun as its contents.  The question is, will I give Oliver a turn to play in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment