Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Brave O

Oliver and Charlie are enjoying the luxuries of a staycation this week.  Our daycare provider is in Florida and for some reason wouldn't agree to stuff me in the overhead bin so I could join her.  So Michael, my Dad, and I are all taking a little time off from work in order to play. 

And my thinking was that if we were to take vacation days away from work, then we shall all make it a bit of a staycation.  Daddy's day was on Monday; they took the Burnsville Mall by storm, then went to see "The Lorax".  Other events will include the zoo, a picnic playdate with favorite friends, an indoor adventure park, and today...today we went to Pump It Up. 

A good friend of mine gave us a tip that every day from 10-1130, your kid can jump on ginormous inflatables for $6.  The bonus is that the big kids are in school, so your toddler isn't knocked around.  As much.

As previously blogged, Oliver has been inside a few bounce-houses.  After a few minutes, we can usually convince him to slip inside, and then it's us who need to stop freaking out as he gets tossed around like lettuce in a salad spinner.

He started out in this....






...and then saw this.




On his second climb up this monstrosity, he missed a wrung on the ladder, fell down a few, then looked back at me, screaming, as he bump-bump-bumped down about 15 feet, face-planting all the way.  He ran to me, tears streaming down his face, and sobbed, "Try again!  I try again!"

I could hardly believe it.  My kid, whose favorite phrase of late is, "I caaaaaan't," in response to every task from opening a baggie to taking off his shoes, turned greatly brave.  Face red and still wet, he initiated a careful climb back up the airy skyscraper, and careened down.





 He put himself back together, stood up, shook his little fists in the air, and shouted, "I DIIIIIIID IT!!!!"


I have a lot to learn from this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment