Wednesday, April 3, 2013
A Moment of Alleluias
I was having a rather fitful, stressful dream this morning, when a church choir began haunting melodies into my visions. The music became louder and aroused me from my sleep. Confused, I lay in my bed listening to loud Gregorian chant waft throughout the house. Is there some kind of post-Easter carolers at our door? I wondered. Do remember that I was still waking up- in this context, that was a valid theory.
Squinting, I slumped downstairs and found Oliver sitting in a chair, holding the remote.
"Yook, Mommy, I turned on the TV!" he announced proudly.
"Oh, look at you..." I said, looking at the screen. Oliver had turned the TV on, turned the volume to max, and turned it to the Catholic channel.
I turned the volume down, then laid down on the couch, head still swimming with sleep.
"You still tired Mommy?"
"Yes. Very. But this is really nice music."
"Yep."
I began to think about how really, this was a good way to wake up after all. I had forgotten how centering and gentle choral music can be. Then:
"Mommy, I want to watch a Barbie movie."
Oh, well. It was a nice 30 seconds.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment