Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Creeping Charlie




Likely because he had an older brother with lots of personality to entertain him right where he was, Charlie didn't crawl until he was just under a year. Heck, he didn't sit up on his own until he was 8 months.  When he did start crawling, he did so unconventionally.  No, not the army crawl. The worm.  Yep, that little boy did the 80's dance move from one end of a room to the other, doing a little push-up with each effort forward.  He got so fast that when his body rocked forward, his little feet would fly into the air and almost topple him over. We expected him to have freakishly large biceps by age one, and didn't think he'd ever master a true crawl.

But he did. The first time he crawled forward using hands and knees, I pointed to him and asked Michael, "why does his crawl look weird?" And then we realized: because it's normal! It has now been three months since he has done the worm.

Today, he took his first steps. As mentioned in this previous post, I missed Oliver's first steps when I was working late in the office one night, and after quitting my job, I told Charlie I would be there for his big moment.  And I was. As Charlie moves forward, as life moves forward, I am here for it.  And I am happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment