Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chasing Payment

Michael texted me from Caribou last week.

"'Chasing Payment,'" he wrote. "Good song."

I wrote back, "Do you mean, 'Chasing PAVEment'?!"

Michael swears that his error was a meager typo, though I contend that he really thought Adelle's song was titled "Chasing PAYment." Either way, I told him that the "payment" version was much more applicable to our lives these days.

We're doing fine, and Michael has several interviews lined up, but being a part of the lay-off club has us penny-pinching as best we can. We're not sure how long this stage in our lives will last, so when we see a great deal, we jump on it.

One of these great deals was discovered on my Blackberry last week, via an e-mail from someone at church. It was a mother of four, looking to give away a toddler bed, for free.

"Heck yeah," Michael confirmed. "Grab it!"

So I did. Oliver is obviously not ready for a toddler bed, but he will be someday, and we happen to have a spacious unfinished basement.

Oliver, however, seems to think it should stay in the entryway.





Maybe he's closer to needing a toddler bed than we thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment