Sunday, September 12, 2010

Keeping Up With the Neighbors


Michael, Oliver and I braved the mosquitos and headed out for an evening stroll today. Due to the primo weather, everybody and their mother (and father, sister, brother, and pet dog) was outside. A nice young couple, half of which included an attractive blonde woman, crossed paths with us as they walked their adorable dog. This dog, perhaps a golden doodle, perhaps some other oodle mix (man poodles are horny!), was pretty much the cutest thing on four legs I had ever seen. I was still cooing over that dog two blocks later.


"Seriously, what kind of dog was that do you think?" I asked Michael. He shrugged.


"I think they live on that corner up there," I said, remembering another gorgeous blonde in lycra that we had seen in that particular front yard. Michael shrugged again. "Maybe."


"I hope so," I said. "We don't need two women looking like that in our neighborhood."


When we hiked up the hill, we saw a nice young couple, the pretty lady in lycra indeed standing in that yard on the corner. I was right.


I couldn't help myself; I had to know more about that dog. "Can I ask what kind of dog that is?" I hollered over to the couple. I was met with blank stares.


"What?" The man asked.


"What kind of dog do you have?"


More blank stares, then just weird ones. "Um, we don't have a dog?" said Miss Lycra.


I blubbered some confounded explanation of another couple that looked like them that had this dog that was very cute and they were out for a walk too and....


We continued on our walk, and Michael shook his head, amused.


"I can't believe you thought that was them. Didn't you see that there was no dog there?"


"But," I protested, "I thought he was thirsty and went inside for a drink." I groaned. "Great. We live near them. Now I'm always going to be known as that girl who asked about the dog that didn't exist."


"Get over it," Michael said, as I pouted.


"They looked just like the other couple," I moped.


"Um, hardly," Michael replied. "This one was way hotter."


I think we're done with neighborhood walks for a while.

4 comments:

  1. I love following your blog, the writing is so entertaining. Even more so when your hubby makes comments like those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Michael has a little 'splaining to do.

    N

    ReplyDelete
  3. and then Michael said 'but you are beautiful, my dear'

    ReplyDelete