Last week, I officially crossed the line from curious, wandering eyes resting on my belly to obviously pregnant. Interesting how this coincides with the mark of the 3rd trimester home stretch.
I knew I crossed the line when I went to the bathroom at work on Friday. I was making awkward bathroom small-talk with a woman who had walked in right behind me, discussing how our work days had been so busy that we nearly had to pencil in a bathroom break. As I finished washing my hands, I mentioned, "well, I'm good for another two hours." She turned to look at me and exclaimed, "oh my, you do have a reason to need to go every two hours!"
The next day at work, I walked into the home of a family who had not met me before. As I began to set down my nursing supply bag and prepared to sit on the floor, the mom immediately offered me a chair, which I gratefully accepted. She mumbled something about it being hard to get up off the floor when you're pregnant. On my way out, she pointed to a little mountain of cookies piled on a cooling rack. "Do you want a cookie? They're reeeaaally good." I initially declined for no reason, then quickly consented after minimal prompting of "are you sure?"
I walked back to my car, warm cookie in hand, and smiled. A girl could get used to this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment