Friday, June 11, 2010

So Unfair

Our neighbors put together a cul-de-sac potluck party tonight, and we volunteered to bring fruit. Usually in charge of grocery purchases, I knew that I'd have a better chance of getting home in time for dinner if I could get Michael to pick up the fruit. He did, after picking up a very tired Mr. O.







"Man, I totally got soooo much attention in the supermarket!" Michael said after I got home. "People were going like, ca-razy!"


"You got attention? Don't you mean Oliver got so much attention?"



"Well... (smirk, smirk)."


I rolled my eyes. So unfair. Moms never get any encouragement, any adoring looks, big melting-all-over the place smiles when they're juggling errands and a kid. Oh sure, Ollie gets a smile or two from people, but somehow my stained clothing, Crocs, and messy ponytail don't scream hotness. I send Michael to Cub to pick up grapes and strawberries, and the ladies go nuts.


Maybe I should go shopping for lumbar at Home Depot.

1 comment:

  1. Quick - before anyone else notices, re-post the last sentence!


    YLC

    ReplyDelete