Thursday, June 24, 2010

Buddy


Today I heard a woman talking about how she (understandibly) can't seem to call any of her 9 children by their correct names. I have one child, and I can't seem to get it right either. Most of the time, I'm identifying him correctly with the following: Oliver, Ollie, Oliver Michael, Mr. O, Bud, Buddy, or from the realm of the obnoxious and inexplicable: Mr. Choo Choo, Buddy Bear, and shamefully, Bubba Joe.

But on more than one occasion, I have been known to call him "kitty." Fortunately, we have one of those, so at least I'm not that off. I'm not sure that Oliver appreciates me calling him a "good girl" from time to time, though. And I'm just waiting for the day when I'm so out-of-my-mind exhausted that I feed him Whisker Licken's.

Today I set a glass of water next to Michael as I walked past him. "Thanks, Buddy," he said.

Silence.

"I just called you 'Buddy,'" a half-bewildered Michael said.

It's better than Bubba Joe.

4 comments:

  1. GAH

    (giggling at home)

    YLC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubba Joe?? Could that be a leftover from an infamous trip down to South Carolina many years ago? How frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabe has become Budda on occasion. A mixture of Bubba and Bud. :)

    ReplyDelete