Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ten Three



This kid is getting bigger.


And bigger.
Since week one, he has been eating 4 ounces every 3 hours. Most newborns start with around 2 ounces. Holding him this week in particular has made me think that I will wake up any day now with Hulk-like biceps. The rest of my muscles may be atrophied from 5 weeks of convalesence, but my biceps will be wildly disproportionate and rippling any day now.
As a home care nurse, I have the luxury of having a baby scale. I promised myself that I wouldn't drive myself crazy by weighing Oliver every other day, and I have kept to that resolve largely due to the fact that I can visibly see and feel that Ollie is more and more solid every day.
Here is a picture of Oliver in his favorite position two weeks ago:


....and here he is today.


I put him on the scale out of curiosity today. 10 pounds, 3 ounces. The kid has gained three pounds, yes, three whole pounds, in his first five weeks of life.
And to that, Oliver says, "Oh yeah, that's right. You want a piece of me?!"





1 comment: